CMT TECHNICIAN – HOUSTON, TEXAS
The CMT Field Technician will help ensure public safety by traveling to construction sites to inspect the contractor’s work and perform field soil and concrete material testing to verify the work is performed in accordance with project specifications. The job requires extended periods of time working outdoors with moderate to heavy (40lbs+) lifting. Periodic travel is required and on-call duties may be needed. Field technicians must be available to work some weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform field materials testing of soil, asphalt, masonry and concrete
- Prepare detailed/accurate field reports on a daily basis
- Communicate with Project Managers, CMT Supervisors, contractors regarding construction issues
- Update Supervisor and Dispatcher on progress and delays on every project
- Communicate and coordinate with dispatcher for daily assignments
- Must follow and enforce all safety standards.
- Insures safe usage and maintenance of individually assigned company vehicle and field equipment
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness with project results required
- Obtain necessary field technician certifications
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (extra compensation for CDL) and must continue to maintain a safe driving record to fulfill travel requirements of this position
- Ability to obtain the ACI certification within 1 year
- Must be punctual, reliable and dependable
- Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day
- Must be able to lift, carry, push up to 40+ pounds on a regular basis
- Applicants must pass background investigation, drug screening and driving record
- Basic phone and computer skills: Microsoft Outlook and ADP
- High school diploma or GED
- ACI certification and Nuclear Density Gauge certification preferred
- Procedural and process-oriented structure, due to strict regulatory requirements
- 1-5 years Construction and/or materials testing experience preferred
This job operates in a outdoor environment. Extended periods of time working outdoors with moderate to heavy (40lbs+) lifting.
Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day and must be able to lift, carry, push up to 40+ pounds on a regular basis.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday – Saturday, (variable time). Able to work some weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
The position is based in our Houston, Texas office. Travel is required throughout the Houston and Texas area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please call 281-469-3347 and ask for Nora Milne.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. GES is a Drug-Free workplace with drug screening performed.