Gorrondona Engineering Services, Inc. (GES) is a Houston-based privately held Texas corporation specializing in geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing and inspection (CMT). GES owns and operates truck-, buggy-, and track-mounted drilling rigs and maintains full-service geotechnical and CMT laboratories in Houston and Fort Worth accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) and AASHTO. With a staff of 100+, including engineers, project managers, technicians, and support staff, we are positioned to handle any area project, small to large. Since 2006, we have successfully completed thousands of projects throughout the state of Texas and serviced private and public clients across multiple industries. We understand the needs of development professionals and provide practical, cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
Environment and Benefits
GES is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace with drug screening and background checks performed. The position is in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. At GES, we offer an excellent benefit package of 80 hours of paid vacation per year in addition to paid holidays and sick time. Your individual medical plan is covered 100% by our company. Our retirement plan offers company matching and early vesting. Base pay will be competitive and commensurate with experience and a significant performance-related bonus will be included in the compensation package.
The CMT Field Technician will help ensure public safety by traveling to construction sites to inspect the contractor’s work and perform field soil and concrete material testing to verify the work is performed in accordance with project specifications. The job requires extended periods of time working outdoors with moderate to heavy (75lbs+) lifting. Periodic travel is required, and on-call duties may be needed. Field technicians must be available to work some weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Typical Roles and Responsibilities for the CMT Technician
- Perform field materials testing of soil, asphalt, masonry and concrete
- Prepare detailed/accurate field reports on a daily basis
- Communicate with Project Managers, CMT Supervisors, contractors regarding construction issues
- Update Supervisor and Dispatcher on progress and delays on every project
- Communicate and coordinate with dispatcher for daily assignments
- Must follow and enforce all safety standards
- Ensure safe usage and maintenance of individually assigned company vehicle and field equipment
- NICET Certification required/ICC Certification required by deadline date
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness with project results required
- Obtain necessary field technician certifications
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (extra compensation for CDL) and must continue to maintain a safe driving record to fulfill travel requirements of this position
- Ability to obtain the ACI certification within 1 year
- Must be punctual, reliable and dependable
- Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day
- Must be able to lift, carry, push up to 40+ pounds on a regular basis
- Applicants must pass background investigation, drug screening and driving record
- Basic phone and computer skills: Microsoft Outlook and ADP
- High school diploma or GED
- ACI certification and Nuclear Density Gauge certification preferred
- Procedural and process-oriented structure, due to strict regulatory requirements
- 1-3 years Construction and/or materials testing experience preferred
This position will report to the assigned Supervisor and CMT Manager.
This job operates in an outdoor environment. Extended periods of time working outdoors with moderate to heavy (75lbs+) lifting.
Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day and must be able to lift, carry, push up to 75+ pounds on a regular basis.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday – Saturday, (variable time). Able to work some weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
The position is based in our San Antonio, Texas office. Travel is required throughout the San Antonio and Texas area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Comprehensive group medical insurance (100% company paid medical coverage through our basic health care plan),
- 50 % company paid dental and vision coverage
- 401K Retirement
- 10 paid vacation days
- 5 paid sick days
- 8 paid holidays
- Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death Coverage
- Company Cell Phone + tablet (Field Technicians only)
- Use of company vehicle for every day on-the-job travel (Field Technicians only)
Please call 281-469-3347 and ask for LaRhea Nichols.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. GES is a Drug-Free workplace with drug screening performed.