GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING & CMT CONTRACTS AND PURCHASING MANAGER – HOUSTON, TEXAS
The Contracts/Purchasing Manager will perform their duties and responsibilities in support of the company’s mission in providing geotechnical engineering consulting and construction materials testing and inspection to our clients. The primary duty of the Contracts/Purchasing Manager is to prepare and review all client and vendor contracts for securing goods and services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and review all company client and vendor contracts related to geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing and inspection to identify potential risks for the company.
- Monitor contract performance and compliance, recommend improvements and innovations to oversight of contract process and ensuring contract accuracy.
- Communicate and manage workflow of all contract stages.
- Conduct legal research and review as needed.
- Negotiate contract terms (with executive team direction) with internal and external business partners.
- Handle processing and follow-up contract document requirements.
- Collaborate with executive team and legal consultants regarding complex contractual issues.
- Prepare metrics on contract operations for reporting to management.
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records.
- Create language standards and templates for existing and new contracts.
- Oversee purchasing products, supplies, equipment, and services for the company.
- Negotiate pricing with various vendors.
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and strategies.
- Ensure supply chain items are stocked in a proactive manner.
- Report problems and forecast needs to upper-level management.
- Accuracy, strong attention to detail and timeliness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology.
- Applicants must pass background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Law, Business Administration
- 2 years of Contract/Purchasing Management
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Able to work occasionally weekends, holidays and over-time as needed.
The position is based in our Houston, Texas office, but may include travel to our offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Austin.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please call 281-469-3347 and ask for Nora Milne.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. GES is a Drug-Free workplace with drug screening performed.