LAB TECHNICIAN – HOUSTON, TEXAS
The Lab Technician will perform lab materials testing and other duties as listed below. Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day. Periodic travel is required, and on-call duties may be needed. Lab technicians must be available to work some weekends, holidays and overtime as needed. Applicants are required to complete a background investigation, drug screening and driving record review.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform soil, concrete, aggregate and asphalt sampling and testing.
- Prepare accurate reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure safe usage and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with CMT Manager and Geotech Engineers for daily assignments.
- Update supervisor on progress and delays on every project.
- Must follow and enforce all safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness with project results required.
- Obtain necessary lab technician certifications.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (extra compensation for CDL) and must continue to maintain a safe driving record to fulfill travel requirements of this position.
- Ability to obtain the ACI certification within 1 year.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push up to 40+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Applicants must pass background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Basic phone and computer skills: Microsoft Outlook and ADP.
- High school diploma or GED
- ACI lab certification preferred
- Familiarity with ASTM procedures for soil, asphalt and concrete testing preferred
- Procedural and process-oriented structure, due to strict regulatory requirements
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday – Saturday, (variable time). Able to work some weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
The position is based in our Houston, Texas office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please call 281-469-3347 and ask for Nora Milne.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. GES is a Drug-Free workplace with drug screening performed.